Sydney Sweat Clinic was founded by the team at Northern Beaches Neurology. The clinic has a dedicated focus on the treatment of hyperhidrosis, using injection therapy for the management of severe cases.
Hyperhidrosis is a chronic medical condition that can cause excess sweating in the axillae (underarms), hands, feet or face. It can be a disabling condition but thankfully effective treatment is available. Before recommending injection therapy, we explore if our patients have tried to:
- Use ‘clinical strength’ antiperspirants
- Wear natural fabrics (eg cotton, wool or silk)
- Manage stress and anxiety with relaxation techniques
If our patients have tried the above with little to no success, our doctors may discuss or recommend these options:
- Botulinum toxin (Botox®) injections. This is a safe and effective treatment of all types of hyperhidrosis. Axillary (underarms), sweating of the hands, feet, head and face.
- Prescription cream (glycopyrrolate) can be helpful for excessive sweating of the face and head. This can be quite expensive option though.
- Oral medications can reduce sweating. Anti-cholinergic agents such as Benztropine reduce sweating but can also cause dry mouth, light headedness, blurred vision, and fatigue.
- Surgical treatments and other devices are sometimes considered in the treatment of resistant cases
We will treat all types of Hyperhidrosis and with a GP referral we will bulk bill any severe primary axillary (underarm) hyperhidrosis.
- Paid off street parking
- Close to public transport
- Wheelchair accessible
- Onsite bathrooms
- Hospitality outlets nearby