Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital is located in the city of Bankstown and is in one of the most multicultural local government areas (LGA) in Australia, with residents speaking more than 120 different languages.
Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital is a principal referral hospital with tertiary affiliations to the University of NSW, University of Sydney and University of Western Sydney. It provides a wide range of general medical and surgical services and some sub-specialty services to the local community.
The Hospital provides clinical services in:
- Emergency Medicine
- Surgical sub-specialties including general, ENT, colorectal, peripheral neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, plastics, upper gastrointestinal pancreatic and biliary, vascular, breast and urology
- Medical sub-specialties including general medicine, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, neurology, neurophysiology, renal medicine, respiratory and rheumatology
- Cancer therapy including medical & surgical oncology, chemotherapy and haematology
- Intensive Care Unit/High Dependency Unit (ICU/HDU)
- Maternity, gynaecology, special care nursery and paediatrics
- Mental Health
- Drug Health
- Rehabilitation and Aged Care
- Imaging – CT, MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and general radiography
All staff at Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital are committed to patient safety and quality care. The hospital has achieved full accreditation with the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS).
- Close to public transport
- Wheelchair accessible
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Onsite pharmacy