Welcome to Fairfield Hospital
Fairfield Hospital is a 220 bed major metropolitan hospital situated in the South West of Sydney approximately 45 minutes drive from the Sydney city centre, in one of the most multicultural and diverse communities in Australia. Fairfield Hospital an Australian Council on Healthcare Standards [ACHS] accredited facility.
Find out more about Getting to Fairfield Hospital.
The hospital provides a wide range of hospital and community based health services to the people of Fairfield Local Government Area (LGA). These include:
- Acute care services in medicine, cardiology, surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics, paediatrics, and emergency medicine
- Sub acute care in Geriatrics / Rehabilitation and through the Ambulatory Care Unit in association with Fairfield Community Health Services and Renal Dialysis Unit.
Each year Fairfield Hospital admits over 32,000 patients, performs over 7,000 surgical procedures, delivers over 1,700 babies, has over 34,000 presentations to the Emergency Department and over 200,000 outpatient encounters. We have a range of staff dedicated to providing the best possible care and service.
Fairfield Hospital is home to the Whitlam Joint Replacement Centre (WJRC) – A recognised Centre of Excellence for elective orthopaedic surgery. The WJRC provides a regional service in elective joint replacement for the Fairfield, Liverpool, Campbelltown and Camden Hospitals.
The hospital currently provides:
- Level 4 Clinical Services as defined by NSW Health role delineation guide;
- Level 3 Maternity & Neonatal services supported by the obstetric service located at Liverpool Hospital; and
- Level 3 Paediatric Services.
- Paid off street parking
- Close to public transport
- Hospitality outlets onsite
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Onsite pharmacy