As the oldest working private hospital in Hunter area, Hunter Valley Private Hospital treats over 13,000 patients a year.
We provide a range of surgical and medical services including rehabilitation, palliative care, and pain management.
Hunter Valley Private Hospital is accredited by ACHS and has a dedicated focus on providing quality healthcare to our patients.
Hunter Valley Private Hospital was established by the Masons in 1965, purchased by the Hunter Valley Private Hospital in 1985, and in November 2015 purchased by Healthscope.
We aim to provide excellence in the provision of health care that is:
- responsive to the individual needs of our patients
- of the highest quality when benchmarked with our peers
- in well-maintained buildings with modern equipment
- provided by experienced and dedicated hospital, nursing, allied health, and medical professionals.
As an organisation we value our reputation, above all, and we aim to:
- be a sound, successful and respected business
- be a preferred local employer
- create a workplace which values teamwork, skills development, personal growth, and a winning attitude
- provide an environment and culture of continuous improvement
- uphold the Australian Government Private Patients Hospital Charter.
We believe that we are here to improve local health outcomes and that:
- all patients should receive the very best physical, emotional, social and spiritual care
- patients, staff, and families should be accorded fairness, dignity, and recognition of their individuality.
Our customers are:
- our patients who are treated as guests admitted to our care
- our skilled and experienced medical, dental and allied health providers
- our patient referral sources
- private health insurance funds, accident and workers compensation insurers
- the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
We will evaluate our performance on a continuous basis through:
- a well-structured quality improvement program
- surveys of our customers.
- Free off street parking
- Close to public transport
- Wheelchair accessible
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Onsite pharmacy